Complete these steps to record a payment against an invoice.
Note: Recording payments against invoices is performed monthly, usually in the first week of the month for all payments received in the previous month.
- Log in to Saasu accounting.
- From the menu select Sales.
Result: The Sales screen is displayed.
- Select Unpaid.
- Select Sale Invoice from the Types drop down.
- Enter the date range for the previous month.
- Select Show.
Result: A list of all outstanding Sales Invoices is displayed.
- Access the Colkea bank statement, or list of transactions online, for the previous month.
- Identify a payment containing a reference to an invoice.
- Identify the corresponding invoice on the Sales screen and select the Edit or View icon at the end of the line.
Result: The Sales Invoice screen is displayed.
- Select Pay.
Result: The Pay screen is displayed.
- Complete these details:
- Date paid – Select the date the payment was made.
- Bank account – Select the Bus Txn Acc.
- Ref # – Record how the payment was made, such as TFR or BPay.
- Amount – Record the amount received.
- Review the invoice and check there is no amount recorded under Amount owed.
- If no amount is owing, you can continue recording payments against invoices by repeating steps 8 to 13 for further payments.
- If an amount is owing after recording all payments, contact the purchaser.
- Select Save & Close.
Result: The payment details are saved for the invoice and the Sales screen is displayed.