Complete these steps to issue a quote.
- Log in to Saasu accounting.
- From the menu select Add then Sale.
Result: The Add Sale screen is displayed.
- Select Quote from the Type dropdown.
- Start to enter the purchaser’s name in the Contact box. As you enter the name, the contacts containing these letters are listed. Select the name of the purchaser.
Note: If the name is not listed, select the plus sign (+) and add the purchaser as a contact.
- The Date defaults to today’s date. If you are preparing the quote in advance, select the Date box, and select or enter the date you intend to issue the quote.
- Enter the Quote # in the format Q-<sequence number>.
- Enter Summary of the goods or services you are selling, e.g. Work instructions for sales and purchases.
- Complete the following details for each type of item you are selling:
- Description – Enter a description of the goods or services being sold, e.g. Work instructions for sales – 2 days.
- Account – Select the sales account from the dropdown, e.g. Sales: Work instructions.
- Tags – Start to enter the tag. As you enter the tag, the tags containing these letters are listed. Select the required tags. Select either EM, for an entity maintenance related expense, or PSI, for personal services income related expense.
- Tax Code – Select the tax code for the type of goods or services being sold. Most purchases have a tax code of GST Sale (sale includes GST).
- Amount – Enter the price of the items. Amounts are generally entered including GST, for example, $11 ($10 + $1 GST).
Note: If GST is applicable for the tax code selected, GST is then calculated and added automatically.
- If you are selling more than one type of item, select the plus sign (+) beside the line item you just completed and enter the details for the additional items.
- Check the details on the quote are correct and select Save.
Note: The values of quotes are not included in financial reports, e.g. the profit and loss summary report.
- Email a PDF of the quote to the purchaser using the quote template.
Result: The purchaser reviews the quote and if accepted issues a purchase order.
- Check the purchase order lists all the goods or services and prices contained in the quote?
If no, contact the purchaser.
If yes, go to the next step.
- The goods can now be delivered or the work performed, and once complete an invoice can be issued. See Issuing an invoice.