Although I am retired I maintain an active interest in technical writing and its advancement. I am available to assist organisations, particularly not for profits where my services would be provided for free.
- No more travelling to work each day
- Time to think (and be mildly creative)
- More time to catch up with family and friends
- More time to spend on my interests
- Less opportunity to meet and work with interesting people of all ages, backgrounds and education, and learn more about them.
- Initial feeling of isolation and being separated from the working world.
- Thinking I’m no longer useful and won’t be contributing any more.
- Catching up with family and friends
- Gardening, mainly using Australian natives
- Unpaid website administration for a social club
- Bush walking and walking around the local area
- Reading, particularly on regenerative agriculture, although I did enjoy the Shetland series
- Listening to music
- Keeping up to date with technology